Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MBTI Type

I thought that the personality test was extremely accurate because it listed all of the character traits people have always described me as.  All of my friends have always told me that I am "to the point" and blunt and that sometimes I come across as rude because I speak authoritatively.  I am also extremely organized and like for things to be structured.  Some may even consider me to be an asshole..  My MBTI type described me as being outspoken and enjoying "militaristic like structure."  It also said that I hate when people come in late to meetings.  I thought that this was funny because this is all true.  At the NPHC meeting everybody told me that I came across as being overly blunt because I was angry about the attendance and people coming in late to the meeting.  I said that "we will be voting on the new academic plan this quarter and we only need 5 out of the 8 organizations to vote, so if you don't show up I do not want to hear complaints because its your fault for not coming."  I did not mean to come across so rude but a lot of people told me after the meeting that when I said that, it seemed like I was saying "if you don't show up f*&% your organization."  I had another problem with this when I was emailing my professor about what I felt was a poorly worded question.  I put some words in bold to try and emphasise my points but my girlfriend told me that the professor would probably think the email is rude and that I should just go to her office hours.  I guess both my written and spoken word need some work lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment