Sunday, January 23, 2011

in what ways can you see how you are becoming aware of your role as an NPHC member and how are those experiences shaping you as a leader?

I become more aware of my role as an active member of the NPHC by learning more history of the various organizations.  Moreover,  I believe that the more involved I am in the positions I hold I realize how much power I have as an individual and that I can actually make a long lasting change on this campus.  In class today we read an article that talked about historical African American Greek letter organizations.  One of which was the Boule which is an extremely hard society to become of a member and consists of only the most accomplished individuals of the African American community.  Learning this history inspired me because I would like to be considered an accomplished person when it is all said and done.  The members of Boule are all leaders of the highest caliber and I believe that I possess the qualities to join the ranks of these individuals.  However, in order for me to become a leader of this type I must continue to push myself in everything I do.  Practice makes perfect and I think that the NPHC is ladder that will allow me to reach my peaks as an individual.  Learning about the individuals who have laid the groundwork for me encourage me because if they were able to do it under all types of adversity there is no reason that I should not be able to do it with the support system that my family, friends, and fraternity provides.   My role on the NPHC is to be a leader not only among Greeks but a strong, influential African American leader among the entire community.

No comments:

Post a Comment